2. Activity in the primary somatosensory cortex induced by reflexological stimulation is
unaffected by pseudo-information: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study
3. Noninvasive Characterisation of Foot Reflexology Areas by Swept Source-Optical Coherence Tomography in Patients with Low Back Pain
4. In May during the AGM in Athens the attending representatives of RiEN where informed that the Reflexologist Pirjo Södermann from Sweden past away.
At that AGM a (initial) European definition of Reflexology was put down. The closest agreement was
“Reflexology deals with the principle that there are reflex areas on the feet which correspond to different parts of the body and is a method that affects these reflex areas to attain wellbeing”
5.Certification Now Required for Non-Licensed Reflexologists in Washington State
The senate bill here: http://www.abmp.com/downloads/2013_0624_WA_6103final.pdf
Status of the Reflexology Law
The new law took effect July 1, 2013. It clarifies reflexology’s scope of practice in line with national standards and requires that all certified reflexologists meet educational criteria, including an approved school program and an exam. The WA State Department of Health (DOH) established specific training and education standards in conjuction with the implementation of the new law. While the WRA’s interest is to promote the highest standards of training and practice, and to represent reflexology as a unique modality, the DOH is charged with ensuring that the public is protected. The law also empowers the Department of Health to access businesses and with the support of law enforcement, work to eliminate human trafficking and other illicit practices.
There is also a definition of Reflexology included, what do you think?
"Reflexology" means a health care service that is limited to applying alternating pressure with thumb and finger techniques to reflexive areas of the lower one-third of the extremities, feet, hands, and outer ears based on reflex maps. Reflexology does not include the diagnosis of or treatment for specific diseases, or joint.
Page 3 Section 3(10)
6. Court Overturns Ban On Reflexology Services - in Uganda
7. Alternative Treatments Could See Wide Acceptance Thanks to Obamacare
8. ICR 14TH BIENNIAL CONFERENCE CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
2013 Inductees at the 14th ICR Conference held in Cape Town, South Africa: William 'Bill' Flocco (USA) Christine Issel (USA)
9. Two **NEW** historical Reflexology findings here (Egyptian) and here (Greek).
10. Feet First: Reflexology Featured at World Massage Conference
A Reflexology panel from around the world attended this virtual conference.