Orthopedic Reflexology is about utilizing the experience one has obtained in discriminating the reflex areas or the condition of the foot's tissues and then applying the correct technique, the proper amount of pressure for the appropriate amount of time, to achieve the "medium" as taught by Hippocrates in order for nature to heal. Orthopedic Reflexology practitioners use the condition of the tissues of the feet as a guide. Anatomical charts to understand the reflexes, zones, meridians and fascia, as well as to effectively manipulate the feet.
Level 1 & 2 will teach the theory and practical approaches of Hippocrates and Galens guide on the effects of "rubbing" – Anatripsis; the four meridians of Hippocrates, Orthopedic reflexology maps, understanding pain and a deeper exploration of the history and origin of reflexology and the "science" behind it. In Orthopedic Reflexology we also learn how to assist many local foot problems such as halux valgus and hammer toes, which in turn affects and helps treat disorders of the myoskeletal system and the internal organs.
Orthopedic Reflexology Course (Level 1 & 2)
- Hippocrates and Galens guide on the effects of "rubbing" Anatripsis depending on the combination of the amount of pressure & the duration of time - There are nine different types of combinations, nine different results explained.
- Anatomy of the foot/ Muscle chains/ Zones/ Chinese meridians/ Nerves
- Hippocrates 4 pairs of Veins (meridians)
- Orthopedic Reflexology Maps
- Hippocrates Holistic approach
- The 'science' behind reflexology
- Explain Pain
- A Referenced Reflexology History - Why is this important for the outcome of your treatment and for our future as a profession.