HOW? Take a few breaths to relax/ground, prepare yourself:
• Use a bit more pressure than petting but ease if needed.
• If pet pulls away, do next reflex area but return
later - going with the pet’s flow, respecting the
animal's comfort zone, but aim to do all
• Do about 10-12 passes (going back and
forth) totaling 4-5 seconds on each "reflex
area" as marked on image:
1.area where ears are attached to face.
2. ear tips
3. across forehead
4. along nose
5. just below nose (turn finger sideways)
6. third eye (above and between eyebrows)
7. end session at area where ears are attached to face; gently
ENJOY, Birgit and Mowgli
• Empowers, relaxes pets and enhances bonding with their parents/caregivers - especially if done DAILY.
• Long term effects if done more frequently throughout the day in times of increased stress.
WHAT IS FACIAL REFLEXOLOGY?
• The face is a microcosm of the entire body; by working on specific areas (called reflexes) on the face, the
body's systems rebalance (HOMEOSTASIS) resulting in (like foot/hand/ear reflexology) relaxation and wellbeing. Modern Reflexology was developed by US physicians.
• Birgit Nagele is an ARCB nationally certified reflexologist, yoga teacher, and Mowgli's mom, based in NYC.
• Mowgli formerly Tiki is a rescue labrotti (NSAL) and recipient of daily reflexology since 2009.
21st century living throbs with INTENSITY often resulting in STRESS. In the long run it can lead to chronic tension. Pets pick up our imbalances and may additionally have stress due to genetics, possible abuse by puppy mills, previous owners, medical challenges, age.
Reflexology A Self Care Manual)♥ Rod Figaro♥
Mowgli♥ 🐾 🐕 .
(May 6ER4Dogs help de-stress, rebalance-use daily, often if needed,but keep it short and sweet.). Please, consult a vet for medical issues.
Copyright © 2016,2017 Birgit Nagele,ARCB,LVCY,TSY Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this, as long as the content is unchanged, for non-commercial purposes only. www.ban-chi.net