Google Website Translator Gadget_________ ATTENTION "Αγγλικά" is ENGLISH !!!!!

Πέμπτη 5 Σεπτεμβρίου 2024

The Queen with the grandmother hands...

The Queen with the grandmother hands...
Her lady-in-waiting came and said that Her Majesty was coming down the corridor! The door opened and in she walked. After the introductions, we had a little chat and Her Majesty talked to each of my students in turn, which I thought was lovely as it made it a special event for each person.
Then I asked if she would like a reflexology hand massage. Her Majesty agreed and we sat down. I had no idea the importance of my next comments, but I asked if she would mind taking off her white gloves. She did - and all the cameras began to flash!
Whilst massaging her hands, we spoke about reflexology and our respective WIs: Sandringham WI for her. People constantly ask me what she was like, and I can distinctly remember that to me her hands were the hands of a grandmother, with carefully manicured nails, but nothing over the top. Her Majesty stayed over her allocated time with us, and her lady-in-waiting came back three times to hurry her on. I take all of that as a compliment. She also took the aromatherapy oil that I had made for her.
What I had not realised was that apparently The Queen never normally took her gloves off and that day she had shaken 200-300 hands.


https://www.thewi.org.uk/home/remembering-queen-elizabeth-ii/our-members-remember-queen-elizabeth-ii?fbclid=IwY2xjawFGcOtleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHdA97jchdbjcZA98hejqD_KVA9EqfFyq4ZS9lxq4lUs8hoB_E0o8FibaVA_aem_1f2QM5ioUcVgZMOJVzhrvQ

https://www.diomedia.com/stock-photo-hm-queen-elizabeth-ii-pictured-at-mount-farm-community-education-centre-in-the-village-of-berinsfield-oxfordshire-seen-receiving-a-demonstration-from-the-aromatherapy-tutor-claire-brown-co-image17512194.html